Welcome to my Blog!



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



I'm a youth pastor in Southern California at a Nazarene church. I've been serving here for about 4 years. We have a large youth group of around 100 teens from all different cultures and backgrounds.

We merged with a Spanish church in January of 07 and our youth groups are now ONE! As of a little more than a year ago, I am working with a co-youth pastor named Javier. If you want to know more about me, you can read my very first blog post here.

I started this blog as a way to remember the amazing things that happen in my everyday life in ministry... the hilarious things that my teens say and do, the joys and victories, and the life stories of the amazing teenagers that are the future of our church, and our world. But I am also glad when it brings encouragement and joy to others. Feel free to leave your comments and let me know you're reading!

I am so blessed to be here, I love my teens... they are my heart!


And by the way...
at our church...
we speak 5 languages!!!
English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Gypsy! :)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




Live like you were dying...

10:11 AM at 10:11 AM

There's a song by Tim McGraw that's called "Live Like you were Dying". It's a WONDERFUL song... and a great reminder to live everyday to the fullest.

Recent events in my life have really made me think extra hard about this. It's amazing how God can use the worst of circumstances to remind you of how blessed you really are. It's also amazing how sometimes we have to think about death in order to remember life.

I have decided to really actively work at this list. There are things on here that I may never accomplish in my life, but there are things that I most definitely will. There are other things that I quite possibly could accomplish but it is going to take really working at it to do it.

Ive been keeping a list for quite a while, but I've decided to work on it again after all this time. I think EVERYONE should have a life list! It's a great thing to have goals! So here is my life list. I'd love to hear what is on yours!

-scuba dive the great barrier reef COMPLETED

-run a 5k

-run a 10k

-catch a fish

-live in a foreign country for 3 months or more

-write "Mr. Pearson's Pumpkins" with my mom

-run a marathon

-Go to Greece

-own a shootsac and a canon 5d

-go on a hot air balloon ride

-Make it on a jury

-go deep sea fishing

-Invest in someone's life COMPLETED

-Learn to play the guitar

-audition for the Amazing Race IN PROGRESS

-Write a book

-take a road trip and camp... no hotels and no destination

-Go to Israel

-go on a safari in Africa

-Finish Photography project

-Get one of my photos published (or win a contest)

-go sailing on a sail boat

-Fix up an old house

-Go to Denmark

-Learn to ballroom dance

-Do a photoshoot with Jasmine StarIN PROGRESS

-Go to Italy

-Start a family

-Go to Australia COMPLETED

-make a documentary

-Get my BA IN PROGRESS

-Go to New York

-buy a house

-Learn to speak Spanish fluently IN PROGRESS

-Write a children’s book

-Photograph something spectacular on every continent IN PROGRESS

-Start a new scrapbook of my life

-Go skydiving

-Name a star

-sleep on the beach

-see a volcano

-Coach a volleyball team

-Go to Panama

-trash my dressIN PROGRESS

-Get a puppy

-Get my masters

-Get ordained IN PROGRESS

-Go on a missions trip to another country COMPLETED

-Be in a Movie as an extra

-Go to Brazil

-Change someone's life

-Go to Hawaii

-Read the Bible from Beginning to end IN PROGRESS

-Be in a musical

-ride a camel

-visit all 50 states IN PROGRESS

-Go to Chile

-Write a play

-Write a screenplay

-Go rock climbing (on a real mountain)

-Get my website up and running IN PROGRESS

-Write in a journal every day for a year

-Go to Haiti

-visit the White house

-Photograph a wedding COMPLETED

-Make a living doing something I love COMPLETED


Just because I think EVERYONE should hear this song.... (and maybe it will inspire you)

1 comments:

Jasmine said...

Girl, I want to help you live like you were dying...holla back and we'll get to working on this. I love me some good Kingdom work! :)
j*

Music We Love!