Welcome to my Blog!



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



I'm a youth pastor in Southern California at a Nazarene church. I've been serving here for about 4 years. We have a large youth group of around 100 teens from all different cultures and backgrounds.

We merged with a Spanish church in January of 07 and our youth groups are now ONE! As of a little more than a year ago, I am working with a co-youth pastor named Javier. If you want to know more about me, you can read my very first blog post here.

I started this blog as a way to remember the amazing things that happen in my everyday life in ministry... the hilarious things that my teens say and do, the joys and victories, and the life stories of the amazing teenagers that are the future of our church, and our world. But I am also glad when it brings encouragement and joy to others. Feel free to leave your comments and let me know you're reading!

I am so blessed to be here, I love my teens... they are my heart!


And by the way...
at our church...
we speak 5 languages!!!
English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Gypsy! :)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




Once in a while...

11:22 AM at 11:22 AM

... a teen absolutely blows me away...

I have a girl in my youth group that takes 3 buses to get to church because her dad wont bring her.

She is the girl that cries because she sees people hurting and she hurts with them.

She is the girl that will see someone sitting alone and decide to make a new friend because "No one should have to sit alone".

She is the girl that will do EVERYTHING she can think of to get you to laugh, even when she's hurting more than anyone will ever know.

She is the girl that doesn't care what people think of her... so everyone LOVES her.

She is the girl that sits in the front row... or the back... or the middle... or wherever she needs to to make the most of youth group.

She is the girl that thinks through things you say, and comes back later to ask questions.

She is amazing and I am so glad that girls like her still exist.

1 comments:

jlmishler said...

I heart teens like this! Makes me want to meet her! PS YAY for finding my blog! Loves!!!

Music We Love!