Welcome to my Blog!



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



I'm a youth pastor in Southern California at a Nazarene church. I've been serving here for about 4 years. We have a large youth group of around 100 teens from all different cultures and backgrounds.

We merged with a Spanish church in January of 07 and our youth groups are now ONE! As of a little more than a year ago, I am working with a co-youth pastor named Javier. If you want to know more about me, you can read my very first blog post here.

I started this blog as a way to remember the amazing things that happen in my everyday life in ministry... the hilarious things that my teens say and do, the joys and victories, and the life stories of the amazing teenagers that are the future of our church, and our world. But I am also glad when it brings encouragement and joy to others. Feel free to leave your comments and let me know you're reading!

I am so blessed to be here, I love my teens... they are my heart!


And by the way...
at our church...
we speak 5 languages!!!
English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Gypsy! :)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




Church 101 or something like it

11:12 AM at 11:12 AM

Some of you know my dad is also my senior pastor (and one of my very best friends). It is amazing and I LOVE working with him.

He's been teaching Church 101 to the teens in Sunday school the last few weeks. This is basically a class that teaches what our church believes. We ask that people take it before becoming members of the church so that they know what they are choosing to associate with :) So this week was the last week of the class. He opened it up for questions... I was expecting some good ones, but I did NOT expect what he got.

As soon as he asked if anyone had any questions, one of the boys raised his hand. My dad called on him.

Teen: Do you ever wish Diandra was a boy?
Dad: No.
Teen: Really? Cuz sometimes I do.
(keep in mind I am an only child)

Next question.

Teen: Why didn't you have any other kids?

Next question.

Teen: If you'd had another kid, would you have wished it was a boy?

Next question.

Teen: How old are you?

I really didn't expect that.

I don't think my dad did either.

But in the midst of all of the silly questions, we had 10 teens that decided they want to join our church and be official members. I think that is a pretty cool thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, our teens are great! and so is your dad!!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and so are YOU!

Music We Love!