Welcome to my Blog!



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



I'm a youth pastor in Southern California at a Nazarene church. I've been serving here for about 4 years. We have a large youth group of around 100 teens from all different cultures and backgrounds.

We merged with a Spanish church in January of 07 and our youth groups are now ONE! As of a little more than a year ago, I am working with a co-youth pastor named Javier. If you want to know more about me, you can read my very first blog post here.

I started this blog as a way to remember the amazing things that happen in my everyday life in ministry... the hilarious things that my teens say and do, the joys and victories, and the life stories of the amazing teenagers that are the future of our church, and our world. But I am also glad when it brings encouragement and joy to others. Feel free to leave your comments and let me know you're reading!

I am so blessed to be here, I love my teens... they are my heart!


And by the way...
at our church...
we speak 5 languages!!!
English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Gypsy! :)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




Funniest Home Videos

9:43 AM at 9:43 AM

So I thought I'd share a couple more videos from the past that crack me up!

As I've mentioned before, I have a co-youth pastor named Javier. He has a 15 year old son named Javier Jr (Javvy). Javvy is a riot. He has so much personality and is just a kick in the pants!

He is also a bit of a clown, and likes to pick fights with his dad. Here are a couple of clips of those... from trying to tackle him and take him down, to trying to start fights... just a typical day.









and this one... oh man, this one cracks me up (you can even hear me laughing in the background)... We were going out to go home after locking up the church after youth group... and, well, I don't think it needs anymore explanation...


These crack me up, so I thought I'd share them with you!

I'll leave you with a story... I got knocked down playing games in the gym after youth group a few weeks ago, and Javvy, being the gentleman that he is, came to help me get up. But instead of really helping me get up, he got me up just enough to leg swipe me and knock me right back down. It was quite hilarious and I sat there and laughed for a while... wish I had that on tape :)

I tell you all of these stories about getting thrown around and beat up by my kids, but really they have a lot of respect for me :) I just enjoy playing around with them. They are serious when they need to be and know when to stop. I really have a wonderful group of kids! I am very glad to have the relationships and friendships with them that I do!

0 comments:

Music We Love!