Welcome to my Blog!



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



I'm a youth pastor in Southern California at a Nazarene church. I've been serving here for about 4 years. We have a large youth group of around 100 teens from all different cultures and backgrounds.

We merged with a Spanish church in January of 07 and our youth groups are now ONE! As of a little more than a year ago, I am working with a co-youth pastor named Javier. If you want to know more about me, you can read my very first blog post here.

I started this blog as a way to remember the amazing things that happen in my everyday life in ministry... the hilarious things that my teens say and do, the joys and victories, and the life stories of the amazing teenagers that are the future of our church, and our world. But I am also glad when it brings encouragement and joy to others. Feel free to leave your comments and let me know you're reading!

I am so blessed to be here, I love my teens... they are my heart!


And by the way...
at our church...
we speak 5 languages!!!
English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Gypsy! :)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




Manakees and Green Poop

3:09 PM at 3:09 PM

So I have this one teen girl in my youth group who is just hysterical. She's a freshman in high school and she's a little small for her age. And she always says the most random FUNNY things! You cannot be around her long before something funny comes out of her mouth!

I took her and some of the other girls the the mall the other day and as we were walking through the men's department of Sears (dont ask me why), she blurts out,

"We should try on man clothes! We could act like Manakees!"

?

Trying on man clothes was funny enough, but what the heck is a manikee???

Then we realized she meant the maniKINS... and that was pretty funny too!

So then, a couple days ago Javier and I took lunch to her school and when we got there she was sitting in the office. I asked her what she was doing there and she said she had to see the principal.

Now you need to understand something here, the only time I ever went to the principal was to get an award... so getting in trouble and getting sent to the principals office is kind of a foreign concept to me :)

So back to the office... after she says she has to see the principal, I assume its good, so I say (jokingly), "Aw, are you in trouble???" and she says YES!!! She'd gotten in trouble for talking :)

So Javier and I sat down and talked with her for a while. Out of NOWHERE she asks,

"Why does sometimes your poop come out green?"

!?!?!

I burst out laughing.

Javier apparently didn't quite hear her, so amidst my laughter, he keeps asking her,

"what?"

Teen: "Why does sometimes your poop come out green?"

Diandra: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Javier: "what???"

Teen: "Why does sometimes your poop come out green?"

Diandra: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

FINALLY Javier gets it. He sits back, thinks for a second and TRIES TO GIVE HER AN ANSWER! It goes something like this,

"Well...um....I think it has something to do with.... um.... I'm not really sure.... but maybe what you eat can make it.... or if you are sick it...."

This is not normal for Javier.

In the mean time I am turning blue from not breathing because I cannot stop laughing.

Then the bell rang.

We never did come up with an answer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellllllooooo! (:

Music We Love!