Welcome to my Blog!



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



I'm a youth pastor in Southern California at a Nazarene church. I've been serving here for about 4 years. We have a large youth group of around 100 teens from all different cultures and backgrounds.

We merged with a Spanish church in January of 07 and our youth groups are now ONE! As of a little more than a year ago, I am working with a co-youth pastor named Javier. If you want to know more about me, you can read my very first blog post here.

I started this blog as a way to remember the amazing things that happen in my everyday life in ministry... the hilarious things that my teens say and do, the joys and victories, and the life stories of the amazing teenagers that are the future of our church, and our world. But I am also glad when it brings encouragement and joy to others. Feel free to leave your comments and let me know you're reading!

I am so blessed to be here, I love my teens... they are my heart!


And by the way...
at our church...
we speak 5 languages!!!
English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Gypsy! :)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




A blast from the past... Winter Camp :)

12:08 PM at 12:08 PM

So I have another blog that I have been writing a little longer than this one for my photography. But I used to also add an occasional story of the teens on there. Well I decided that I would take the posts I'd had on there from the teens and put them here... so here is one I wrote about winter camp (even though it's from back in February):

We headed up to winter camp on Friday afternoon and hit some major fog on the way up. Friday night we had a nice big snow storm and with that a very large snow fight... complete with snowball throwing and tackling... and even a few snow angels. It was so much fun to see the teens really experience snow (some for the first time ever!). We got into FULL ON snowball fights... although there weren't a whole lot of snowballs involved... mostly it was just shoving each other down in the snow and throwing handfulls of it into each other's faces... we love each other so much :) Really!

Saturday was a beautiful day and we spent the day playing in the snow again. You'll see the pictures of the kids tackling me and trying to take me out... this is a continual problem I face with being smaller than almost all of my teens. They like to throw me around a lot!

In the afternoon we had some free time, so we decided to go and explore with several of the girls. We found an old abandoned cabin. After we'd had enough of it, we decided to move on. We were walking around the side of it and Javier was leading the way. I was following right behind him. There was a tree branch in the path, so he held it out of the way so it wouldnt come back and smack me in the face. In the mean time, he lost his balance and grabbed a board on the side of the cabin deck to stable himself, but instead the 2x4 came off and hit me in the head. It knocked me down and made me quite dizzy. I had a bump for several days and it was pretty sore. When we got back from exploring I was sitting outside with the girls, and we were talking about what if I died from the bump... we stopped talking when one of the girls started crying at the thought :)

Sunday brought lots of rain and lots of sad teens who didn't want to go home... but we did. We had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of laughs and bonding time!

Here are some of my fav pics from the time... hope you enjoy them :)























0 comments:

Music We Love!