Welcome to my Blog!



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



I'm a youth pastor in Southern California at a Nazarene church. I've been serving here for about 4 years. We have a large youth group of around 100 teens from all different cultures and backgrounds.

We merged with a Spanish church in January of 07 and our youth groups are now ONE! As of a little more than a year ago, I am working with a co-youth pastor named Javier. If you want to know more about me, you can read my very first blog post here.

I started this blog as a way to remember the amazing things that happen in my everyday life in ministry... the hilarious things that my teens say and do, the joys and victories, and the life stories of the amazing teenagers that are the future of our church, and our world. But I am also glad when it brings encouragement and joy to others. Feel free to leave your comments and let me know you're reading!

I am so blessed to be here, I love my teens... they are my heart!


And by the way...
at our church...
we speak 5 languages!!!
English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Gypsy! :)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




My office... my second home...

11:20 AM at 11:20 AM

I don't have a lot to blog about today, but I thought I'd show you where I work :)

My white board. It is next to my desk and its how I brainstorm and sort things out. What you see on there is all the camp finance info from this summer... I'm still sorting through it all :)
my couch... it gets a lot of use from teens who come and crash after school... and before youth group... and Sunday afternoon... and any other time they catch me in my office :)
My desk calendar... what would I do without it??? I write EVERYTHING on here and even get teased at staff meetings because I bring the whole thing to staff meeting every week! You may also notice all the post it note lists... more about that later :)
Hand prints... one of my favorite parts of my office... my kids put their hand prints on my wall... in my old office I had one wall almost covered... I haven't done so well in this office... but I'm working on it.
It looks chaotic, but there's a lot of organization... and some chaos :) I have everything on these shelves from books to DVDs to pictures to food to random gadgets... they tend to collect things.
My duck. I don't know where it came from, but now it lives on my shelf and I like it.
My stuffed penguin and picture from NYC 2007 in Missouri... mixed in with some CDs, DVDs and even a video tape :)
My desk and computer. Where I spend most of my "office hours"...
Post it notes... They're everywhere!!!
Encouragement from my teens... they're so cool! I have a whole folder full of stuff like this that they've made me that I keep and pull out in times of frustration.
My treo 755 is AMAZING! it does everything and it hooks up to my computer so that they update each other... My office phone is great too, although there are so many buttons and I always seem to push the wrong ones :)
I have a thing with writing utensils... I love them. And I can never have enough. There's also my elephant paperweight that my friend Danny brought my back from his Jesus Film mission trip to Africa. The picture is from an event we did where the teens nailed things in their lives to the cross.
To do lists and post it notes... They're everywhere! They keep me sane and on track, even though anyone looking at them would probably just be confused :)
Just thought I'd give some insight on my life :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are really organized...I stink at details.

Derek Hickman said...

I am incredibly jealous of your treo!

Music We Love!